Welcome to Ludlow Open 2013.
Established & emerging artists working in all forms are invited to submit work for exhibition.
Closing Date for entries: Friday 14th June.
For info and application form visit www.ludlowopen.org
Ludlow Open is a contemporary art exhibition held in the centre of Ludlow for 17 summer days each year.
Open submissions are received from local, regional, national and international artists, selected by an expert panel of artists and arts professionals.
As well as the main exhibition there is an art trail, curator’s tours, artist networking events and a student education programme.
Ludlow Open aims to inspire and critically engage, widening audience interest in contemporary art and artists of a national calibre, in a predominantly rural area, in a modern gallery context. The gallery is located on Mill Street in the heart of Ludlow. It is a modern glass and steel single storey building housed behind the medieval Palmer’s Hall, the two being linked by an attractive split level sculpture courtyard. The hall, courtyard and glass and steel building juxtapose old and new, creating a stunning backdrop against which to experience contemporary art. The gallery space itself has become a main USP for the show.
Ludlow Open 2013 runs from Saturday 27th July to Saturday 10th August.
- Showcases emerging talent as well as the work of established artists.
- Supports the art practices of all who exhibit.
- Introduces audiences to new work.
- Brings contemporary art to the region.
- is free entry for the public, with all art work for sale.
Past and present selectors are actively involved, providing support to my team and artists alike.
The 2013 Selectors are: Christopher Le Brun, artist and President of The Royal Academy of Art; Anne de Charmant, Director of Meadow Arts; David Cleaton-Roberts, Director of Alan Cristea; Nathaniel Pitt, artist and curator.
New for 2013:
- Artist application fee of £17 for up to four art works.
- Extra promotional events throughout the town, throughout the year.
- The Private Views are being developed to include artist networking events.
- Ludlow Open Futures, our education programme, now extended to include all colleges in the region.
- Art Trail has been extended to include Ludlow Junior Open, hosted by Ludlow Assembly Rooms.
- Ludlow Open is now a Community Interest Company; assets guaranteed for ongoing development.
Click here for a link to the 2012 catalogue