HOT-ONE-HUNDRED OPEN CALL & SOLO SHOW AWARD
Schwartz Gallery, London is currently involved in producing a series of Open Call exhibitions creating a vibrant open platform for emerging contemporary art.
HOT-ONE-HUNDRED is a show of 100 emerging contemporary artists based in the U.K. One artist will be offered a solo show at Schwartz Gallery in 2014 at the end of the exhibition. Following an Open Call format the 100 artists and the subsequent solo-show artist will be selected by Ismail Erbil and Patrick Michalopoulos, artist-curators of Schwartz Gallery, one of the largest and longest-running of the current crop of artist-run spaces in London. A reference to ranking systems seen in late-night popular music T.V programmes and art world power lists the exhibition creates a ‘HOT-ONE-HUNDRED moment’ in the emerging U.K contemporary art scene offering up a very real opportunity for a solo show in the gallery. Playfully mimicking the creation of power lists in the worlds of art, entertainment and business HOT-ONE-HUNDRED satirises this ‘heat’ phenomenon while simultaneously becoming an agent for its proliferation. If you would like to be part of the HOT-ONE-HUNDRED please continue to the applications guidelines below:
Deadline for applications: Monday 24th June, 6 p.m
Selected artists announced on Schwartz Gallery website: Friday 5th July
Announcement of solo exhibition award on website: Saturday 3rd August 2013.
Private view: Wednesday 17th July 6 -10 p.m
Exhibition dates: 17/07/13 – 03/08/13
Summer Opening Hours: Thursday – Saturday 12 – 6 p.m
First Thursdays late opening: Thursday 1st August
Application and processing fee: £10 (via PayPal) per application of up to three artworks per artist. The fee is non-refundable. Please include your PayPal Payment Reference Number when completing the HOT-ONE-HUNDRED application form.
* HOT-ONE-HUNDRED is open to artists based in the U.K.
* Artists working across all media will be considered apart from video, performance and installation works (artists working with video, performance and installation may apply with object or image-based work; solo exhibition selectors will consider work across all disciplines. Please see solo show section below for more details).
* Expenses and transportation of artworks are the responsibility of the artist.
* Each applicant can submit up to three pieces of work, saved as JPG files no larger than 1MB per image ( 3 images in total maximum per applicant).
* Each applicant should attach a CV when submitting their application (word doc or pdf).
* Works should not exceed 2.7 metres in height and 2.5 metres in width.
* No late submissions will be accepted.
* All works must have been made since 2010.
* Number each image to correspond to the work list on the application form.
* Schwartz Gallery reserves the right to not display any artwork that is significantly different from the art that was accepted from the submission.
* The selectors decision will be final.
* Work submitted must be available and remain on display until the end of the exhibition with selected artists signing a consignment form.
* Work will need to be collected at the end of the exhibition (Selected artists will be contacted regarding the delivery and collection dates). The gallery can arrange for work to be posted back to the artists as long as all costs have been covered by the artists.
* Artists are strongly advised to insure their own works. The gallery will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage to their work.
* Once artists have dropped work off to the gallery, the hanging of the show will be the responsibility of the gallery.
* Exhibited works may be photographed for promotional purposes.
SOLO EXHIBITION AWARD – HOT-ONE-HUNDRED
- A shortlist for the solo show opportunity of up to 5 artists will be announced on the gallery’s website on Wednesday 24th July. Shortlisted artists will be invited to interview in the week beginning Monday 29th July and will be required to present a proposal for a solo exhibition at Schwartz Gallery in 2014. Work across all disciplines will be considered for this stage of the selection process including video, performance and installation work. The solo show artist will be announced on the gallery website on Saturday 3rd August.
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION FORM
Please e-mail your completed application form, your CV and all required support materials to email@example.com with your name and HOT-ONE-HUNDRED in the subject title.