HIX Award for students
New Judges Announced! Charlie Phillips, Niru Ratnan and Miranda Donovan
CALLING ALL STUDENTS
Cock ‘n’ Bull Gallery values the platform it gives to young and aspiring artists. The Hix Award intends to offer the chance for current students and graduates of the past two years to present their work to a wider audience.
The amazing panel of judges, which includes Mark Hix, Edward Lucie-Smith and a mystery judge, will be looking for something that challenges their perceptions and displays creative originality.
This award will enable young artists to showcase innovative and exciting works, demonstrating their artistic skills and ability.
The prizes include £500 worth of vouchers to be used at any Hix Restaurant, the opportunity to exhibit the winning piece alongside the 9 runners up at Cock ‘n’ Bull Gallery and the winner will also feature in the Galleries magazine which will be given out at Frieze Art Fair London.
- YOU MUST BE A STUDENT OR A GRADUATE OF UNDER 2 YEARS.
- YOU MUST ONLY SUBMIT 1 PIECE OF WORK.
- Entries cost is FREE
- The work must have been created within the last 3 years.
- The images should be sent as high-resolution JPG, TIF, or PDF files.
- Please crop the image so that there is no background.
- Works submitted must be available for exhibition at the point of show, August.
- Please do not send original works of art for the judging process.
- Videos and performance pieces should be submitted on DVD and sent to the Cock ‘n’ Bull Gallery.
- Expenses and transportation of artworks are the responsibility of the artist.
Process of application
- Download and fill in the application form.
- Attach the application form and up to 5 images to an email. Fill in the subject box with your full name, address and the title of your work.
- Please include a small explanation your work.
- Send your email to the following address: email@example.com
Download application form here: Application Form.doc
Applications are now being accepted!