The first annual Vignette Award is now open for entries!
Our goal for the award is to find some of the best photographic imagery in the world, rewarding the winner with a £1000 cash prize to further their practice.
Entry costs just £15 for up to 4 photographs. We hope the VA13 will attract entries from all photographic backgrounds. Entrants will be able to select one of four categories for each image: Landscape, Art, Portrait and Documentary. We have assembled an industry leading selection panel that have a mass of experience at recognising talent.
Closing date: 30th of August
Finalists Exhibition and Prizes
5 finalists will be selected for each of the categories to form the finalists exhibition. One of these photographs will be selected as the overall winner and the photographer will receive a cash prize of £1000.
The winner will be announced at a ceremony at Vignette HQ in Bristol on 27th September 2013. This will be followed by an exhibition in the Photographique gallery from 28th September until 26th October 2013.
Finalists images will be printed and framed by Vignette and the prints will be available for the finalists at the end of the exhibition. All finalists work will feature in Vignette. The winner of the Vignette Award will receive the £1000 cash prize and will have a solo feature in Vignette.
The Vignette Awards 2013 recognise excellence in photography and the selection panel includes award winning photographers and industry figures who have a mass of experience at recognising talent. The Awards are not themed so all photographic images are welcome with a maximum of 4 per photographer.
- Entrants can enter between 1 and 4 images which may or may not form a series of work.
- Maximum 1 submission per person.
- The submission fee is £15
- Files should be jpeg and no larger than 400kb.
- The images submitted must be the work of the entrant.
- The entrant must own the copyright of the image.
- If the work was commissioned for commercial purposes the entrant must have the permission of the copyright owner prior to entering any images.
- Entrants must ensure that model and commercial releases are in place.
- Entrants will be credited for all use of their images in connection with the Vignette Award.
- Images may be used without payment to the photographer, to promote the Vignette Award, by the awards and the media until the end of 2013 for entrants and finalists and until the end of 2014 for prize winners.
- The judges decision is final.
- Vignette will attempt to notify all entrants whether they have been selected as finalist or not.