Sky Arts is giving away five £30,000 bursaries to talented artists aged 18-30 from the UK and Ireland.
For the third year running Sky Arts, in association with IdeasTap, is giving away five £30,000 bursaries and mentoring support to talented artists aged 18-30 from the UK and Ireland. And this year, it could be you…
Sky Arts recognizes that there’s an incredible amount of young talent in the arts today, but finding a way to get your work made is an ever-present challenge – so together we’re on the lookout for five more artists to support.
The fund is designed to help emerging artists from a range of different disciplines to develop their creative practice and take their work to the next level. In addition to the £30,000 bursary, winners are also paired with relevant business and creative mentors from Sky and their industry to support them along the way.
Now for the important bit… we’ll be giving away five bursaries in this round, and the Futures Fund is open to applications from individuals working in the following fields:
• Performing arts: theatre-makers including directors, spoken word artists, puppeteers and live artists
• Dance: dancers and choreographers
• Music: musicians, composers, songwriters and conductors
• Visual art: including painters, sculptors, photographers, animators and digital artists
• Creative producing: do you bring together disparate parts of culture in exciting and innovative ways? This category is open to creative producers working in visual arts, theatre, film and performance/dance
• Creative writing: including playwrights, novelists, graphic novelists and poets – but not film or TV scripts
The five winners won’t necessarily come from five different categories. Looking at all the applications, the judges will pick the five entries they believe to be the strongest overall.
For further information and to download terms and conditions please visit the IdeasTap website: http://www.ideastap.com/Opportunities/Brief/Sky-061213#Overview