DASH is a Disability led visual arts organisation.
We commission exciting new work by disabled visual artists; we run workshops; mentoring for artists and training.
We are very pleased to release the three commissions from our Tu Fewn partners; Ffotogallery, g39 and Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre.
The commissions on offer, are in brief:
Ffotogallery – want to commission a Disabled artist to create a public-realm/digital cross platform artwork as part of the Diffusion Experience for Diffusion: Cardiff International Festival of Photography in October 2015. The commission is open to UK and international Disabled artists.
g39 – seeking an ambitious disabled artist-curator to contribute to their process of programming. The successful artist-curator will be commissioned to work with the g39 team for a twelve-month period and will be responsible for devising one of g39’s 3-month seasons, comprising a main exhibition with associated projects / exhibition spaces, seminars and talks.
Llantarnam Grange Arts Centre – looking to commission a disabled artist/maker to curate an exhibition as part of our ‘Maker to Curator’ programme. The resulting exhibition will be presented at LGAC in January 2016. The commission is open to all UK and International disabled makers/artists.
The three commissions can be viewed in more detail and downloaded from the website: www.dasharts.org/projects
Tu Fewn is an exciting new development opportunity for arts organisations in Wales to commission new high quality work by Disabled visual artists from across the UK and Internationally. Working in partnership with Disability Arts Cymru we will be working across the whole of Wales.
There are three commissions as part of Tu Fewn:
- One to a mainstream gallery to select a Disabled visual artist to ‘exhibit’.
- One to a mainstream gallery to select a Disabled visual artist as a curator.
- One to an Arts Organisation to select a Disabled visual artist to be embedded within their work.
(By arts organisation we mean any non visual arts organisation i.e. theatre, dance, circus etc. By Visual Artist we use the broadest definition from Live Art to Painting, from Drawing to Video etc).
The aims of Tu Fewn are:
- To increase the number of Disabled visual artists exhibiting in mainstream galleries in Wales.
- Developing Curatorial skills with Mainstream galleries in Wales.
- Working with Arts Organisations in Wales
- To change working practices of galleries and arts organisations through a practical partnership and network.
- To increase the number of Disabled people as an arts audience.
These commission is open to UK and international Disabled artists.