GALLERY CURATORSHIP ( WITH 44AD )
The Gallery Curatorship course offers an insightful and inspiring programme, which is aimed to support the development of your curatorial skills. Alongside delivering a comprehensive overview of curatorial theory and research that will explore collections, documentation, installation and display, this course will feature an invaluable series of visiting talks from professional curators and gallerists. The Gallery Curatorship course will primarily be practice led; guiding you through the extensive practicalities of curating a professional contemporary art exhibition. Students will be expected to keep a folder that documents their research and final exhibition publicity.
What topics are covered?
- Field trips* to Cornwall, London and another UK Location
- One to one tutorials
- Arranged private visits to local galleries
- Seminars from invited speakers (curators and gallerists)
- Work experience opportunities with local galleries and curatorial projects
- Final exhibition project (to include: research, artwork selection & hanging, documentation,
promotion, Private View and invigilation)
*Please note that on field trips travel and accommodation expenses are not included in the fee.
25 weeks Starting 05-11-2015 to 26-05-2016 – City Centre Campus £574
Bath College, Avon Street, Bath BA1 1UP
Visit the website for further information: www.bathcollege.ac.uk