Derwent Art Prize 2016: Call for entries
The Derwent Art Prize aims to reward excellence by showcasing the very best artworks created in pencil by British and International artists.
Artists can submit 2D and 3D works created with any pencil or coloured pencil as well as water soluble, pastel, graphite or charcoal pencils.
An exhibition of the selected work will be on show at the Mall Galleries, London from 19-24 September 2016.
1 June 2016: Deadline for entry
Artists are invited to submit up to 6 images. The selectors are aware that some work may not lend itself to reproduction and wish to reassure artists that there may be opportunities to view actual works.
Artists can enter online. If artists are unable to enter online please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Artists are required to submit the following:
- The completed online entry form
- Images of up to 6 recent works, in digital format (jpg, max. 1MB file size (no min), and images must be between 1000 x 3000 pixels resolution; min 1000 x 1000 and max. 3000 x 3000 pixels.
- A non-refundable application fee of £10 for the first work and £2 for additional works. Artists may only enter once, with a maximum of 6 images.
The Prize is open to all living British and international artists over the age of 18 years old on 1st June 2016.
A third party (e.g. gallery, agent or other representative) may submit work on behalf of the artist, but the third party must confirm:
- receipt of the artist’s permission, and have full authority and legal right, to submit the work
- that to provide the information regarding the artist or the artist’s work, they have first consulted with the artist and made all appropriate enquiries for the purpose of providing that information
- agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry as the artist would be had they entered
The Prize is not open to work by deceased artists.
The work entered must be created in pencil (including water-soluble, pastel, graphite, charcoal or coloured pencils). The work must not exceed 182cms in its greatest dimension. There is no minimum size limit. The Prize is open to both 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional works. All entered work must have been completed within the last 3 years. The work selected for exhibition must be available from 1st September 2016 – 31st January 2017 .
Work that does not fit within the Conditions of Entry will not be admissible and will not be considered for exhibition. The following are also inadmissible:
- Copies of works
- Works that are in breach of copyright
- Works that have been previously exhibited
- Work that contain noxious or toxic substances, are flammable below 50°C or incorporate dangerous electrical equipment
- The competition is not open to employees of the Cumberland Pencil Co, ACCO (UK) Ltd, their families and its agencies.
Full T&Cs and online application via website: www.derwent-artprize.com