2017 OPEN SUBMISSION
DEADLINE: 6th March 2017 SUBMISSIONS: £19
Belfast Photo Festival is offering artist’s/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field of photography, with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazine Abridged. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize of £1,000.
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
In addition to the above, photographers/artist’s work which relates to themes surrounding gender and sexuality will also be of interest.
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between two and six photographs from a particular series or body of work AND/OR submit their Photo-book for exhibition by uploading a single PDF (no image limit).
(Note: You can submit both a photo-book and photographs of the same project, but a fee will need to be paid for both. If submitting only a Photo-book and not photographs, it will be your photo-book that will be selected for presentation and not photographic prints for exhibition)
Collectives are also welcome to apply; as a collective, you can submit up to 10 photographs (a £19 submission fee will apply for every 10 images submitted)
All submitting photographers will benefit from:
- Submission review by Photo Industry Professionals
- Opportunities for Immediate Exposure
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- awards and cash prizes (See Awards listed below)
- exhibition exposure at the Festival’s main city centre gallery
- inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
- long term Festival representation and promotion
- an opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
- exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
- publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
- inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated read of 20+ million
- international press exposure
- being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
A number finalists will be selected to have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition outdoors
This year the Open Submission will be hosted by Hiive. All submissions must be made via Hiive.co.uk. After registering on Hiive, please ensure you follow the instructions outlined carefully otherwise your submission may not be valid. Submissions cost £19*
*The submission fee charged is in aid of the 2017 Belfast Photo Festival and directly contributes to the organisation and delivery of the Festival for the benefit of all participants. Belfast Photo Festival is a registered charity and non-profit organisation.
Please visit the website for details of the awards, Jury, terms & conditions etc: http://www.belfastphotofestival.com/submission-information