A £4,000 award for current art students
Students, submit your drawings for free to win £4,000!
Plus a Runner Up Prize of £250 worth of art materials from Cass Art
- The award is open to current students at recognised art institutions in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- Entries may be hand-drawn from life or from an imagined image, but not from photographs.
- The subject can represent any form of human, animal or plant life, a still life, an interior, or any scene – witnessed or imagined.
- Note: multiple colours are not permitted
- Artists may submit up to six works each
- Entries must have been completed within the last 12 months
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- Submission is free; there is no charge to enter
How to Submit
All work must be submitted online. Final selection from online entries will take place, after which entrants will be notified of the winner by email.
To enter, please upload up to six images of new or recent drawings (completed within the last 12 months) at mallgalleries.oess.uk between Monday 9 January 2017 and Friday 21 April 2017, 12 noon. Please note: images must be in JPEG format and under 5MB.
The winner and runner-up will be announced by email, and on the Mall Galleries website and social media, on Monday 8 May 2017 at 12 noon.
Works will be judged by the organisers of the Award, representatives from Mall Galleries, and guest artist Jason Bowyer NEAC PS RP, member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, The Pastel Society, Past President of the New English Art Club, and the 2015 recipient of The Prince of Wales’s Award for Portrait Drawing.
Online submission opens: Monday 9 January 2017, 12 noon
Online submission closes: Friday 21 April 2017, 12 noon
Winner announcement (by email): Monday 8 May 2017, 12 noon
About the Award
The Hermione Hammond Drawing Award was established in 2012, in memory of the artist Hermione Hammond (1910-2015), to encourage the practice of representational drawing among art students. From 2017, it is run in partnership with Mall Galleries, central London’s leading gallery celebrating contemporary visual arts through a lively and diverse programme of exhibitions and events.