Photography Award 2017
The Award is open to photographers, both professional and amatuer, of all nationalities worldwide.
The selected artwork will be printed and showcased in a central London location.
The Everyday Heroine exhibition will tell the story of ordinary women who perform extraordinary jobs.
The work of each applicant will need to address the following concept:
‘The Everyday Heroine’
Focusing the spotlight on the unsung heroines who make the everyday possible
- Each applicant will need to submit a photographic social reportage consisting of three themed images.
- Images may be enhanced for colour/contrast/brightness, but cannot be manipulated.
- Applicants must warrant that the photographs they are submitting are their own work and that they own the copyright for them.
- Each applicant will retain full copyright of their own work.
- Each applicant must also submit a CV and an artist statement
There are no fees to enter the competition.
Closing date for all documentation, including the 3 themed images is 16th June 2017
WHO IS YOUR HEROINE?
Please join our quest to celebrate the wonderful the women who make a huge difference to society every single day.
Policies and laws, working hours and conditions – set to bring equality to our everyday lives. Many feel that gender discrimination has been addressed. But still much of the work of the everyday women is taken for granted, passing unnoticed, unrecognized and unsung.
Equality between the genders is not about ‘pink and pretty’ but about social values and validation. When the heroine is bold and determined – society tends to shun and criticize – here we praise and thank.
We invite you, the creative photographer, to grab your camera, to find and record the lives of the everyday heroines, to be their voice. . .
Please visit the website for further information and terms & conditions: http://www.youmanity.today