east bristol contemporary Painting and Drawing Open Call.
deadline for applications 11.09.17 / 23:59
ebc welcome submissions for ebc015.
this is an open call for works of painting and drawing only, but we are interested in expanded painting / drawing practices.
ebc015 will run from the 12-15 october 2017.
install 9:00 – 18:00 12 october.
PV 19:00 – 21:00 12 october.
Exhibition open 10:00 –17:00 13/14/15 october
deinstall 17:00 – 19:00 15 october
– applicants must be within the first 10 years of their career
– applicants must be ebc members (details can be found at http://eastbristolcontemporary.com/support/become-a-member, please include your paypal reference number with your application)
– applicants must commit to being present in Bristol for the duration of the exhibition
(we welcome applications from groups / collectives)
please submit the following as one PDF document (no larger than 10mb) to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘FIRSTNAME LASTNAME – EBC015 APPLICATION’
– artist statement (1 page max)
– CV + link to website
– up to 5 portfolio images
– exhibition proposal (see below)
we are based at the trinity centre, easton – a converted grade II listed church. for this reason we cannot damage the walls (i.e. drill / nail). with your application please include a proposed method of showing your work, e.g. built structure, false wall etc. see documentation of previous exhibitions for ways we have done this before. there is a picture rail in the space that we can hang light works from (i.e. not large canvases)
ebc currently receives no outside funding. however we are committed to paying artists and can promise an artist fee of £45 per exhibiting artist, which we hope will be useful for covering some travel costs at least. we will aim to provide free accommodation for artists travelling from outside of bristol.